1. Hi and Welcome to the New and Improved Guitar Chaos for 2015. Feel free to login and get more familiar with the changes. We are sure you will love the new and improved Guitar Chaos! ATM we are a little unsure if you are able to login using your old passwords. So to be on the safe side from being locked out for 15 mins. If you fail to login after 2 attempts. Please Reset your passwords by clicking "Forgot your password?" in login section. Changes will be made to addons/styles in the coming days, but, this will not effect creating new posts/threads. So feel free to post away! Thanks for your patience.

Energy

Discussion in 'Videos/ Promote your Youtube Channel' started by DavidFord, Aug 16, 2019.

1. DavidFord

DavidFord Member

Hi All,
    Even if no one on this site comes back, Im going to post it anyway. Just found this backtrack on YouTube and did my normal me thing and made a song out of it. Since its an energy backtrack, I named it energy Tongue

UPDATE: The comp this was done on, died only a few days after this upload. It wasnt 100% done. The beginning still needed fixing. After verse 1 was edited, but verse 1 and intro, was not. Once I get that little wire cable to connect hard drive to another computer, I can then continue.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2019
    Crossbow and Tweekerpated like this.
  2. Secrets of Steel

Secrets of Steel Super Moderator

Hey David,

It's been a long time old buddy, I hope your good and life has been treating you well.

That's a killer track you're playing has come on such a long way since I last heard your work. You have the Satchy vibe under you fingers with the melodies, very memorable phrasing. Your solo was flying man, those pentatonic licks were laid down rapid fire full auto style. You have made massive gains well done brother.

Great to see this place is still here.

DavidFord likes this.
  3. DavidFord

DavidFord Member

Hey Shaun (know Im late answering)

Im trying. Just 2 weeks ago bought a new Ibanez JS series. Its the cheaper one ($700) Seems now, the music Im trying to do, almost sounds 100% Joe. Well at least on D, A, E strings. When I play on those strings, its tone and sound, sounds as if Joe is playing and not me. When I play High E, B, and G, is sounds like me and not Joe LOL. Im trying to figure out why. I think the compressor is responsible, not sure. Wish I had that guitar when I was recording "Energy"

As far as Energy is concerned, Im happy with it but pissed. I wasnt just playing to make a song. Its also the first song, I started to learn how to edit, and do different recordings, and splicing etc. I was happy with the outcome of it. Sadly, the computer I was recording on, just shit the bed. If you listen to the intro, and verse 1, it doesnt line up right. I didnt have a chance to fix it yet. From Chorus 1 on, had been somewhat fixed and edited. I was real happy Im getting better at fixing my music, and not just trying to recording everything in one try, like everything else I do. I still have the hard drive from other comp and hope to get its info so I can continue editing.

As far as me, yes, I do try :D I have a few new tracks Im working on. And now my playing will sound a little closer to Joe with the new axe. I hear it already, and Im not even trying HAHAHAH Its like accidental auto-Joe LOL. The current track, Im using is a backer called future something, so Ill prob title it close to that. I have been talking to the guy who made it, and he is creating a track for me, with my requests. He should have it by end of October. Bastard should, its costing me $240 HAHAHAHAH.

I have also been fiddling with learning how to make my own tracks, so I dont need anyone anymore. Looking to be a 100% one man band. I think once I get good at this, Im gonna go from 0-100 in 5 seconds flat. If anyone could hear the music in my head, I would be a lot more impressive. I just need to get it recorded what I think. None, Including myself, havnt seen my full potential. Im stuck waiting around for someone to make a backtrack, and I write to it. I would love to be able to eliminate that middle man. I know for a fact I could write, and record some major top 50 hits. I have shocked myself listening to my own un-created music.

Not trying to be a bitch LOL, but I cant tell you how many upsetting times, Ive just randomly had a melody come into my head, or a song that I need recorded and didnt have the tools to do it. Id be on the throne or something, and bamm,,I can hear this tune, that I know, if others heard it, would be a hit. That really where my talent was. Not the guitar, not the playing, but the fact I could day dream a #1 hit. Doesnt always happen, but at the times it did happen, its very aggravating. This is why Im trying to learn MORE than just the playing. I need to know how to record better, and be more self sufficient.

Ok Im done rambling LOL. Hey Shaun, dont be a stranger. Its good to hear from ya!! :)

4. Secrets of Steel

Secrets of Steel Super Moderator

Great to hear that the JS guitar is having such a positive impact on your music.

$240 for a backing track?? That is insane David. There are so many really good songwriting tools out there now, lots of them are free too. I would be looking into making your own backers rather than shelling out that kinda cash for a backing track.

I assume you already have a DAW but you need to grab these dude.

Cakewalk by Band lab is DAW is fullly functional and totally free.

https://www.bandlab.com/products/cakewalk

MT power drumkit is a great-sounding free drumkit vst instrument that comes with a ton of pre-programmed drum grooves. Audition them then drag and drop onto your project timeline. So easy and the foundation for building your own tracks.

https://www.powerdrumkit.com/

If you don't have a Bass guitar there are several midi options out there, but I would record the baseline on your guitar then add pitch shift plugin on afterwards and drop it down one octave then put it through some Bass amp VST.

These three are the basic elements you need to start making your own music independently